If you want to apply to the court for a parenting order, from 1 July 2007 you will need a certificate from a registered family dispute resolution practitioner to confirm that an attempt at family dispute resolution was made.

All Relationships Australia practitioners are registered. To find your nearest Relationships Australia practitioner, view our list of office locations or phone us on 1300 364 277.

There are some exceptions to the requirement for a certificate, including cases involving family violence or child abuse. For more information visit the Australian Government's Family Relationships Online website at www.familyrelationships.gov.au.