Provided by counsellors with specialised skills, knowledge and experience in the area of LGBTI service provision, the service’s central hub is our Spring Hill venue in Brisbane, but we also have a network of specially trained counsellors in many of our regional venues. Our helpful contact centre staff can help you find a counsellor who is right for you.
Specialised support for people of diverse bodies, genders and sexualities. Our focus is on safe and healthy relationships in all their diversity and the problems impacting on you or your relationships, including:
- Coming out
- Managing conflict
- Trust issues
- Sexual difficulties
- Grief and loss
- Re-partnering and family relationships
- Domestic and family violence
- Dealing with homo/transphobia, heterosexism & cis-genderism
The service involves talking with a counsellor about any difficulties that you are experiencing. You do not need a referral. Simply call 1300 364 277 to make an appointment.
As well as providing a specialised counselling service, our Rainbow Program supports the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex communities in the following ways:
- LGBTI Training for staff across our organisation and for other human services organisations
- Transcendence - A social and emotional support group for transgender and gender-diverse individuals
The Rainbow Counselling Service supports people of diverse bodies, genders and sexualities, including lesbian, gay, bi, transgender or intersex (LGBTI) people, or those questioning their gender identity or sexual orientation. The service also welcomes family and allies of LGBTI.
- Help you identify patterns in your relationships which are contributing to misunderstandings
- Help you improve your communication
- Help you minimise the negative impacts of homo/transphobia, heterosexism and cisgenderism
- Help you manage differences and explore possibilities for change
- Help you negotiate your own coming out process if desired