- About Us
- Self-Help Resources
- Media Centre
Rainbow Counselling Service
What is Rainbow Counselling Service?
A specialised counselling service supporting people who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans or intersex (LGBTI) or those questioning their gender identity or sexual orientation. The service also welcomes family and allies of LGBTI.
What is Involved
Specialised support for people from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex community. Our focus is relationships and the problems impacting on you or your relationships, including:
- Coming out
- Managing conflict
- Trust issues
- Sexual difficulties
- Grief and loss
- Re-partnering and family relationships
- Domestic and family violence
- Dealing with homo/transphobia, heterosexism & cis-genderism
As well as providing a counselling service, the Rainbow Counselling Service supports the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex clients in the following ways:
- LGBTI Training for staff across our organisation and for other human services organisations.
- Transcendence - A social and emotional support group for transgender and gender - diverse individuals.
The service involves talking with a counsellor about any difficulties that you are experiencing. You do not need a referral. Simply call 1300 364 277 to make an appointment.
Who Is Rainbow Counselling Service For?
The Rainbow Counselling Service supports people who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans or intersex (LGBTI) or those questioning their gender identity or sexual orientation. The service also welcomes family and allies of LGBTI.
The Benefits of Rainbow Counselling Service
- Help you identify patterns in your relationship which are contributing to misunderstandings.
- Help you improve your communication.
- Help you manage differences and explore possibilities for change.
Need to Know More?
For more information or to make an appointment call
1300 364 277
RAQ Subscription Form
Subscribe to our free newsletter. Get the latest articles, reviews & announces straight to your email box.
RAQ Online Services
Choose a service to access