Couples often face difficult challenges as they navigate their unique relationship journey. LGBTIQA+ relationship/s often face specific stressors, including navigating societal biases and prejudice that add to these challenges. This course is designed to build a safe space for the LGBTIQA+ participants and their partners to explore these challenges, build on their resources and to support each other.
Long term research has shown that the quality of a couples’ friendship and feeling of connection are fundamental factors in being able to successfully manage the inevitable difficulties that will arise over the years together. Find out how you can regain and build a satisfying connection that can transform your relationship/s together into the loving relationship you desire. This 8 week course is designed for LGBTIQA+ partnerships who want to:
- Improve, enrich or re-establish their relationship; where there is commitment, friendship and healthy trust;
- Improve their confidence in managing differences and conflict more constructively;
- Create a positive long-term view of their future together.
- Connect with other LGBTIQA+ people in a safe and supportive environment
The course is held between 18.00 to 20.15 on a Monday night, over 8 weeks. They must be booked in advance, including an intake appointment for each partner with one of the facilitators prior to acceptance – it is not possible to show up on the day without prior arrangement.
This eight-week course covers:
- Navigating the stresses of cultural, societal and familiar norms and biases
- Understanding the signs that accompany challenges
- Building friendship
- The importance of relationship/s clear realationship agreements, trust and commitment
- How to turn to each other in times of stress and challenge, and the skills to help facilitate this
- Communication skills, both as speaker and listener
- Accepting, managing and celebrating difference
- Conflict management skills
- Creating a meaningful relationship
The course is based on the research of Dr John Gottman and includes current LGBTIQA+ relationship research that not only informs participants of ways to create loving relationship/s, but also teaches the required skills through experiential exercises and discussion.
If you are interested in this course please call 1300 364 277 to register.
Please check below for upcoming dates.
People over 18 years
Note: This is a course for people who are in a committed relationship/s and have a desire to make it more fulfilling/successful. It is also suitable for couples who may be experiencing some issues and difficulties, however if you are in distress, fighting frequently or thinking of separating we recommend our counselling services.
This course runs over 8 weeks on Monday evenings 18:00-20:15.
$160 per individual for 8 weeks (Consessions available)