With everything that's going on at the moment, we want you to know help is still available when you need it.
Online counselling is a great way to get professional support from the comfort of your home. It could be the perfect option if:
- You’re following social distancing guidelines
- You live in a remote area
- You live with mobility restrictions
- You don’t have time to get to an in-person appointment
- You don’t like to leave your home.
We understand you might be hesitant to access online counselling if you’ve never tried it before. So we wanted to share one of the many positive experiences with this service to encourage others to take care of their mental wellbeing, even when they can’t access face-to-face support.
Natasha was kind enough to share her story with us here.
Natasha sought support from RAQ when she was having difficulties with her marriage.
“My marriage was irreparable, so I needed support and guidance for my 12-year-old daughter and myself,” she states.
She accessed the online counselling service on both her laptop and her phone. RAQ delivers online counselling via Zoom, a video communication tool that can be used on your computer, laptop, tablet, and smartphone.
Natasha’s favourite thing about online counselling?
“Not having to work through the anxiety of having to get myself physically to the appointment,” she says. “The convenience of being able to have the counselling from my home or work office.”
Reflecting on how online counselling has helped her during this time, Natasha explained, “I have been able to work through the behaviours that kept me repressed and depressed. I've been able to better manage my emotions as they arise with the breakdown of the family unit, and help manage my daughter through as well. I have been supported, which means I've been able to support my daughter.”
To those thinking about using online counselling, Natasha says, “It’s a great way to access support if you're time poor or have any anxiety about actually getting to an appointment.”
“The people that I have encountered have been professional, respectful, and resourceful. Their adaptation to information given is a testament to the level of their training and as great human beings.”
We’re delighted by Natasha’s feedback and thank her for sharing her experience.
How to Access Online Counselling with RAQ
- You can access our online counselling services in these easy steps:
- Phone the Client Contact Centre (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 10am-4pm): 1300 364 277
- You’ll be booked in with a practitioner for an appointment over the phone or over video
- If you’re booked in over video, you’ll be emailed an invitation link to the Zoom session
- When you click the Zoom link at the approved appointment time, you’ll be admitted into your private Zoom room with your practitioner.