- About Us
- Self-Help Resources
- Media Centre
What is Gambling Help?
A free service providing information & support to individuals & families affected by gambling.
What is Involved
Gambling can easily get out of control. The impact it can have on your finance and relationships can be devastating.
The Gambling Help Service can help you to regain control of your gambling.
The service is free and offers:
- Confidential face-to-face or telephone counselling services for people with a gambling problem and/or to the family or friends of people with a gambling problem (individual, relationship and financial counselling available.)
- Education and prevention activities in relation to problem gambling.
- Referral to other community agencies to better meet the needs of those affected by problem gambling.
- Liaison with the gambling industry and assistance in the development of responsible gambling practices.
- Consumer protection / harm minimisation strategies.
The service involves talking with a counsellor about any difficulties that you are experiencing or any support you may require. You do not need a referral. Simply call 1300 364 277 to make an appointment with Relationships Australia.
For anyone requiring immediate assistance, the Gambling Help Line provides a FREE confidential crisis counselling and referral service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call 1800 222 050.
Who Is Gambling Help For?
Gambling Help Service can assist if:
- You are concerned about your own gambling.
- You are a concerned family member or friend affected by someone with problem gambling.
- You are a health and community support worker, working with people affected by problem gambling.
- Gambling help services also provide community education on the risks associated with gambling.
The Benefits of Gambling Help
- Understand what counselling options are available and access appropriate resources and information.
- Understand influencing factors and motivations for gambling, which trigger the behaviour and encourage its continuation and escalation.
- Gain knowledge of strategies available for controlling gambling behaviour and avoiding relapse.
- Gain better understanding of why you gamble and obtain counselling to address the underlying issues linked to motivations leading to problem gamble.
- Relationship counselling to address the impact of gambling on relationships and family life.
- Financial counselling to address debts, cope with creditors, re-organise financial affairs, understand legal rights and responsibilities around financial commitments and learn money management strategies.
How to get there?
Need to Know More?
For more information or to make an appointment call
1300 364 277
RAQ Subscription Form
Subscribe to our free newsletter. Get the latest articles, reviews & announces straight to your email box.
RAQ Online Services
Choose a service to access