Specialised support for people from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. Our focus is relationships and the problems impacting on you or your relationships, including:
- Coming out
- Managing conflict
- Trust issues
- Sexual difficulties
- Grief and loss
- Re-partnering and family relationships
- Domestic and family violence
- Homophobia and heterosexism
As well as providing a counselling service, the Rainbow Service supports the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities through the following structures:
- LGBT awareness training for staff across our organisation and for other community agencies.
- Liaison with LGBT communities and agencies supporting these communities in the development of ways to better support LGBT people.
- A network of ‘Rainbow Representatives’ across many of our Queensland venues, comprising clinical workers with special skills and training for working with LGBT people.
The service involves talking with a counsellor about any difficulties that you are experiencing. You do not need a referral. Simply call 1300 364 277 to make an appointment.
People identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender, or those questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. The service is also available to partners, family and friends.
- Help you identify patterns in your relationship which are contributing to misunderstandings.
- Help you improve your communication.
- Help you manage differences and explore possibilities for change.
For more information or to make an appointment please call 1300 364 277.