Specialised support for people from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex community. Our focus is relationships and the problems impacting on you or your relationships, including:
- Coming out
- Managing conflict
- Trust issues
- Sexual difficulties
- Grief and loss
- Re-partnering and family relationships
- Domestic and family violence
- Homophobia and heterosexism
As well as providing a counselling service, the Rainbow Service supports the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex clients in the following ways:
- LGBT awareness training for staff across our organisation and for other community agencies.
- Liaison with LGBT communities and agencies supporting these communities in the development of ways to better support LGBT people.
- A network of ‘Rainbow Representatives’ across many of our Queensland venues, comprising clinical workers with special skills and training for working with LGBT people.
The service involves talking with a counsellor about any difficulties that you are experiencing. You do not need a referral. Simply call 1300 364 277 to make an appointment.
The Rainbow Service supports people who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans or intersex (LGBTI) or those questioning their gender identity or sexual orientation. The service also welcomes family and allies of LGBTI.
- Help you identify patterns in your relationship which are contributing to misunderstandings.
- Help you improve your communication.
- Help you manage differences and explore possibilities for change.
For more information or to make an appointment please call 1300 364 277.