Relationship Counselling can assist you if you are:
- Preparing to be in a relationship
- Starting a relationship
- Wanting to make your relationship stronger
- Having relationship difficulties
- Help you to identify patterns in your relationship
- Help recognise the factors which are contributing to misunderstandings
- Help improve communication
- Help manage differences and explore possibilities
- Help address issues around managing conflict, affairs, parenting, sexual difficulties, loss and grief and separation
Our FOCCUS Couples Education short program is often referred to as our ‘pre-marriage’ counselling, although is suitable for any committed couples.
We offer a range of relationship courses, both for couples, and those wishing to enter a new relationship. Please see our Courses page for more details.
You are encouraged to explore your feelings and emotions in a safe place where problems and issues can be understood. Counselling can help you gain clarity, exploring a wide range of possibilities, options and the possible consequences of actions. People report feeling supported, acknowledged, respected and valued throughout the counselling process.
You can access counselling on your own and this will ultimately impact on your partner, as change in one person in a relationship will also affect the other. Also sometimes when one person accesses counselling, their partner can see the positive change and can be encouraged to attend.